I got a chance recently to get reacquainted with a very prominent figure in the Oregon tech industry – Ryan Comingdeer from Five Talents Software, based out of Bend. What he told me about security, how to learn from failure with gamedays, and how microservices and security are not just the domain of the big boys might surprise you.
Here’s some of the topics we cover:
- Gamedays and project retrospectives
- The biggest selling point behind Infrastructure as Code
- Lunch and Learns at Five Talents
- Some little-known benefits behind microservices
- “Our culture is defined by how we give feedback.”
I think you’ll love this discussion, which dives a little deeper into some of the topics we covered in his case study in Achieving DevOps! A link to the interview is here – and it’s on the podcast platform of your choice. We’re on all the major platforms now, including Anchor, Apple, Google, Spotify, PocketCasts, and RadioPublic.
Enjoy the podcast!
References and Links
- LinkedIn: Link up with Ryan
- Twitter: @comingdeer
- Official Five Talent site and the excellent blog. I enjoyed this article about AWS’ well architected framework.